Cincy Royals Academy – Summer of 2015
The Cincy Royals are pleased to announce the 3rd year of its Royals Academy program. This program is designed to give “Rising 7th-12th grade” girls (current 6th-11th graders) an opportunity to continue to develop their skills and lacrosse IQ. The program consists of four (4) clinics led by the Cincy Royals Coaching staff in partnership with Kevo Lacrosse for game opportunities.
- Open to the first 40 registrants in each age group
- MS (Current 6 - 8th grade)
- HS (Current 9th-11th) *see special Bonus Play offer below!
- Each session will focus on specific skill development
- Instruction provided by current college players, high school and middle school coaches
- Each player will receive a Cincy Royals pennie
- Flexibility to sign up for one or all four clinics
- Opportunity to participate in the Kevo Girls League to test and practice the skills taught in our Academy (separate registration required)
*High School Bonus Play- All high school players who sign-up for all four (4) clinics will be eligible to participate in the Midwest Challenge Tournament at Voice of America Park - July 11 and 12th. This is a great opportunity for the Academy players to participate in a tournament setting without having to travel to the east coast. Tryouts will occur during the first 2 clinics in addition to the clinic instruction.
When: Week of June 17th - Week of July 22nd (Off the week of June 29th)
- Middle school clinics will be held from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM
- High School clinics will be held from 6:00 PM to 6:45 PM
Where: Otto Armleder Park, 5057 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati 45227
$165 sessions only
$300 for sessions AND participation in the tournament** – (HS players only)
**Note: An extra session may take place the week of 7/6 to prepare for the tournament.
SESSION I: Wed, June 17th
- Middle School - Stick skills/ drills you can do at home to improve your game!
- High School - Dodging - creating instant offense
SESSION II: Wed, June 24th
- Middle School - Offensive movement - motion offense
- High School - Team Defense
SESSION III: Wed, July 15th
- Middle School - Defensive Skills
- High School - Shooting for Power and Accuracy, Part 1
SESSION IV – Wed, July 22nd
- Middle School - Winning the Draw!...and what to do when you do win!
- High School - Shooting for Power and Accuracy, Part 2